Tuesday, June 2, 2009

A little taste of freedom

Paul had to work on Sunday so Riley and I decided to try out our new shopping cart blanket at Target. I found a great cart blanket (those padded blankets that cover the seat of a shopping cart for the kid to sit in instead of sitting right on the seat like we all did growing up) in a consignment store for $10. I received satisfaction with my purchase when I put Riley in it and she instantly spit up. The reward for protecting her from the germs of all the other kids that spit up in the cart before her was priceless. Our Target trip was a huge success. Riley was a big girl sitting in the cart independently. She loved the freedom to look around and touch EVERYTHING. I almost peed myself when I pushed her past a mirror and she screamed with laughter from looking at herself. She enjoyed it so much that she slumped over and napped half the time. And I enjoyed not having a little human strapped to the front of me while I researched the best deal on sunscreen.

2 comments:

  1. Times have changed. What a wonderful idea someone came up with. Just think of all the shopping you'll be able to do! Grammy K

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're such a good mommy. I didn't even know those seats existed. You got it at a consignment shop...How long have these things been around?

    ReplyDelete